Here are some helpful numbers and websites for Bywater residents: 

City of New Orleans

New Orleans Police

Police, Fire & Medical Emergencies: 911

NOPD Non-Emergency: 504-821-2222

NOPD 5th District Facebook

New Orleans Fire Department

City Council

Historic Districts Landmarks Commission

Preservation Resource Center of New Orleans

Regional Transit Authority

Public Schools

Public Libraries

Office of Film & Video


Port of New Orleans

Army Corps of Engineers

Entergy New Orleans

Sewerage & Water Board Customer Service

Department of Public Works (parking enforcement & information(answered 24 hours): 504-658-8100

Parking Citation Appeals: 504-658-8250

Booted Vehicles: 504-658-8083 1-877-314-3767

Report a missing water meter cover: 504-52-WATER or
504-529-2837 or email:

Report Street Flooding to: 311 or

The City uses 311 calls to assist in prioritizing where it should send its vacuum trucks.

Louisiana State Police: 504-471-2775

Office of Homeland Security: 504-658-6900

Office of Emergency Preparedness: 504-658-8700

Poison Control Center: 800-256-9822

Public Advocacy: 504-658-4015

Abandoned Cars: 504-658-8100

Entergy Emergencies: 800-ENTERGY (368-3749)

Abandoned or Blighted Houses or Lots: 504-658-4380

Entergy Power Outages: 800-9OUTAGE (968-8243)

Family Security: 504-599-1700

Adjudicated Houses: 504-658-4380

Emergency Operations Center main Number: 504-658-2210

Louis Armstrong International Airport: 504-464-0831

FEMA: 800-621-FEMA

Birth & Death Certificates: 504-219-4500

To Report a Water Line Break (9AM -5PM): 504-529-2837

To Restore Service with Entergy: 800-ENTERGY (368-3749)

Job 1 (New Orleans Office of Workforce Development): 504-658-4500

American Red Cross: 800-HELPNOW (435-7669)

Child Abuse Hotline: 800-422-4453

Child Find: 800-426-5678

City Taxes: 504-658-1702

Crisis Intervention: 504-269-COPE (2673)

Department of Education: 877-453-2721

Curfew (Violation Report): 504-821-2222

Department of Social Services: 888-524-3578

Discrimination Complaints: 504-658-4020

Divorce/Civil Court: 504-592-9100

Family Assistance Center: 866-326-9396

Driver’s License & State ID: 877-368-5463

Drug Hotline: 504-581-BUST (2878)

Department of Parks and Parkways: 504-658-2176

Human Services: 504-658-3310

The Salvation Army: 504-835-7220